Thanksgiving is around the corner for Canadians, SolidTrust Pay’s live chat services will not be available on Monday, October 9th. Ticket replies will also be delayed until Tuesday, October 10th.
SolidTrust Pay is celebrating by spending time with our friends and family as well as providing you with 5 fun facts about this holiday:
– Canadians purchased three million whole turkeys for Thanksgiving in 2011, according to the Turkey Farmers of Canada – about 32% of all whole turkeys sold during the year.
– Thanksgiving was first celebrated in Canada when English explorer Martin Frobisher held a feast in what is now Newfoundland to mark his safe arrival to the New World in 1578. The first national celebration in Canada wasn’t until 1859.
– While it is widely believed eating turkey makes you sleepy, many experts believe it is actually the carbohydrates that are part of the Thanksgiving meal that causes you to feel tired.
– Turkeys, native to the Americas, are very old – 11 million years old, according to paleontologists.
– Canada produces approximately 5,000 metric tons of cranberries annually, mainly from Quebec, Nova Scotia, Ontario and British Columbia. Bala, Ont. claims to be the Cranberry Capital of Canada and holds a Cranberry Festival on the weekend after Thanksgiving.
On behalf of the staff at SolidTrust Pay, we would like to wish all of our clients, in Canada and abroad, a happy and safe Thanksgiving with loved ones and friends!