Did you know that you can buy and sell Bitcoin with SolidTrust Pay? Simply create an account and follow these instructions! You can either buy Bitcoin from your account or convert it to USD and make a withdrawal using the method of your choice. We use a service that tracks the value of Bitcoin and exchanges it at whatever the current rate is.
In addition to Bitcoin, there are several other cryptocurrencies that are gaining recognition and popularity, including Litecoin, Ether and Dogecoin. With SolidTrust Pay, you can turn these “altcoins” into cash by depositing them into your SolidTrust Pay wallet and having them instantly converted to USD.
Navigate to your Deposit Money Area by clicking My Money -> Deposit Funds within your account and choose the “Bitcoin/Altcoins” option.
Enter the amount of money in USD you wish to withdraw from your altcoin wallet, check the Bitcoin Deposit option, enter your secondary password and click Deposit Funds.
Carefully read the details of your transaction, including the fees and total amount you will receive, then press the CONFIRM Transaction button.
Choose the coin you wish to use for your deposit from the dropdown menu (in the examples below, we chose Ether).
Enter your altcoin address, click Pay with Ether and press Continue!
Please note: Paying with altcoins takes a little longer than paying with bitcoins.
Expect a delay of 30-90 seconds before we register your payment.
The following is an up-to-date list of cryptocurrencies that you can use with SolidTrust Pay:
SolidTrust Pay has been offering Bitcoin services for over 3 years, allowing users to easily turn bitcoin into their preferred currency and back again since the early days of the blockchain-based cryptocurrency. Many members use SolidTrust Pay exclusively to buy or sell bitcoin because we offer competitive rates and we’re known for our high levels of security and reliability. Additionally, SolidTrust Pay is one of the most functional online platforms in terms of money deposits, transfers, exchanges, purchases and withdrawals, giving users a multitude of options for buying or selling bitcoin.
SolidTrust Pay is pleased to announce that it is now free for merchants to upgrade their business accounts to accept bitcoin. This means merchants and business account holders can now apply completely free and offer their customers one more option to easily make payments for website purchases at the press of a button using bitcoin!
We’re excited to make this option easier for our merchants to take advantage of. Here are just a few of the benefits to having a Bitcoin payment button on your business/ecommerce website:
- More options for your customers: the more ways you offer people to pay for your products or services, the more people will do so! Offer them as many options as possible.
- More exposure and visibility: the Bitcoin community is tight-knit. When a business begins to offer the option to pay in bitcoin, word tends to travel fast!
- Simple and seamless integration: since payments made via a Bitcoin payment button will be applied to your STPay account as USD, there is no time wasted with extra steps for exchanging the currency and withdrawing those funds.
If you already have a merchant account with us, you can apply for a Bitcoin payment button by selecting the “Accept Bitcoins” option in your Merchant Section. If you don’t have a merchant account, what are you waiting for? Sign up and start accepting bitcoin payments now!
Knowledge Base Guide:
Two-factor Authentication via the Authy Desktop Application
What is two-factor authentication?
2FA is defined by Authy as having something you know paired with something you have. For example, you likely have a bank card, and in order to use your bank card, you must have a correct PIN when completing transactions. The bank card is something you have and the PIN is something you know. Together, the card and PIN makes for a great two-factor authentication system, which in return protects your money. Authy is used in the same way when you want to use an exchanger or do a Bitcoin withdrawal. Your electronic device is the object you have and the 2FA password is something you know.
Why should I use Authy?
Authy is an alternative way to setup the two-factor authentication. It is commonly a choice for users who cannot or do not want to install a 2FA application on a mobile device.
What is required in order to use Authy?
• A mobile phone/device that is capable of receiving text messages
• A personal computer or tablet
• Google Chrome as the default browser
• A SolidTrust Pay account
How do I install Authy?
1. You can start the Authy download by going to https://authy.com/download/
*Reminder: it is important that you are using Google Chrome to setup Authy; no other browsers will work.
2. The option for desktop will be the second white box, as shown below:
3. Select ‘Get it on Google Play’
4. Once the button has been selected, a page will pop-up. It looks like this:
5. Select ‘Add to Chrome’, located in the upper right-hand corner:
6. Select ‘Add app’ when prompted:
7. The page should change and will show that Authy has now been added to your Apps in Google Chrome:
8. Follow the on-screen prompts when you click on the application. Authy support can be found at https://support.authy.com/hc/en-us if you are having issues with the application itself.
How to enable the 2FA on your SolidTrust Pay account
1. After Authy has been installed, login to your SolidTrust Pay account and go to ‘Security Zone > Two-Factor Auth Settings’:
2. Once on the next page, please read all of the information. You can ignore what is inside of the red box (see below) since this information is for 2FA on a smartphone. Once you have reviewed the entire page, select ‘Start Two-Factor Authentication Setup’:
3. Select ‘Send SMS Confirmation Code’. If you are not receiving the text message, please contact Customer Support at https://support.solidtrustpay.com/
4. Enter the number provided in the text message you received. After, you will then select ‘Enable Two-Factor Auth’:
5. The next page will have the manual setup code (see Figure 1). You will then copy the manual setup code into Authy (see Figure 2).
Figure 1 – Locating the manual setup code.
Figure 2 – A view of a manual setup code in Authy. Select ‘Add Account’ after entering the manual setup code.
6. After the account has been added, choose a logo and provide a name for the account in Authy (see Figure 3). After, select ‘Done’ to close the box. Another box will pop up (see Figure 4) with the account you have added. Select the account and the 2FA password will appear (see Figure 5).
Figure 3 – Selecting a logo and naming the account
Figure 4 – Close the box once your account has been added
(Figure 5, below)
Figure 5 – A new box appears after closing the previous box. Select the account and the 2FA password will appear. Copy and paste this where the 2FA password is required.
*Reminder: the 2FA password changes every 30 seconds. Insert the 2FA password in time after you have copied it or it will not work!
Today we’re talking about 10 different ways that you can earn money online.
It’s no secret that there are legitimate methods for earning money online mixed in with the many scams and misleading opportunities. While the internet has reshaped the way we view finance and commerce, as well as virtually everything else in our society, countless niches have sprung up which can provide anything from a passive income to a full-time career.
You can build a brand or start a media company using just social media; you can use various freelancing platforms to promote your technical skills and find employers willing to pay you for projects or micro-tasks; you can use your personal social media accounts to advertise for brands and take a small check, or click on ads for companies to make similar wages; and once you’ve amassed your internet fortune, you can invest it in cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin and Ether or in revenue sharing programs to make more money off the money you made!
Of course, sorting through the nonsense to hit pay dirt can be one of the most difficult and frustrating tasks you ever encounter online. Luckily you found this list!
Below are 10 tried and tested techniques for earning money online:
#1 BECOME A FREELANCER
The term “freelancing” can refer to many different things. If you have any technical ability at all somebody will pay you to do small tasks online. Below we will list some of the best places to start freelancing, but first you need to create a portfolio showing off your personality and the type of work you do!
- Fiverr — where, as the name suggests, you do small tasks for people that are worth around $5. The best part about Fiverr is that you get to offer whatever services you’re good at. It’s a perfect place to start.
- Upwork — a more professional type of freelancing site, on Upwork you will create a portfolio and then bid on projects. In this more competitive atmosphere, you’ll want to get some experience under your belt first.
- Freelancer — Freelancer is similar to Upwork, where you will create a portfolio and then bid on jobs. Once you’re familiar with Upwork, set yourself up on Freelancer to add more range to your bidding capabilities (you only get to bid on a certain number of jobs per month on each site).
There are countless other freelancing sites and specified job boards. If you want a closer look, check out these 25 top sites for finding the freelance jobs you want by Skillcrush.
#2 BUILD A BLOG
If you love to write or take pictures, you can cash in on your passion by writing a blog! A blog can be about anything you want. If you like to cook, start blogging about your favourite recipes and take pictures of your best meals; if you like to travel, make sure you take lots of pictures and use your blog to document your experiences; if you like politics, start opinion blogging on the most popular topics as they happen!
After you start getting regular views on your blog (use social media for exposure) you can set up a Google AdSense account and start monetizing your blog with ads that are relevant to the topics you most often talk about.
If you don’t know where to even begin, check out this step-by-step guide on how to start a blog in 20 minutes.
#3 BUILD AN ONLINE STORE
Online shopping is the new way to get anything and everything for many people, and it’s only growing. The best part is that it’s so easy to get started in eCommerce with all the established platforms out there, and you don’t even need your own inventory to get started (you can become a reseller for your favourite brands). You can start selling on Amazon, eBay, Shopify, Etsy, Facebook, and countless other places.
To get you started, here is an incredibly exhaustive guide to starting an online store.
#4 BUILD A SOCIAL MEDIA ACCOUNT
The thing about online stores and blogs is that they need traffic in order to make money. If you can build a social media account such as Twitter, Instagram, or Facebook in a specific niche like travel or gaming, you can monetize your page by charging bloggers and eCommerce managers to reach your audience.
You can also consider this a first step to building a blog or an online store, since you will benefit from having your own audience to speak or sell to right off the bat!
#5 BUILD AN APP
Apps are everywhere. If you have the skills to work as a developer, you should consider making your own app on the side! While you may notice that many apps are free in the app stores, you would have also noticed that they run ads!
Even if you don’t know how to build an app but you have an idea for one that would provide real value or entertainment to people in their daily lives, reach out to an app developer and work together to bring your idea to life!
If you’re more technically minded but low on funds, you should definitely check out Ethereum Project, the blockchain app platform.
#6 MICRO TASKS
Similar to freelancing, many opportunities exist to build up a small fortune by doing micro-tasks for employers and businesses. These tasks usually include things like data entry, internet research, commenting on forums, leaving reviews for companies, answering surveys or clicking on ads.
YouTube is a gigantic video and streaming platform for businesses, vloggers, politics, and basically anything else you can think of. If you can establish an audience who watches and enjoys your content on YouTube, you will make money not only from the ads that run on your videos, but from being able to reach and influence a large audience which earns you sponsors who will pay you just to shout out their brand.
Additionally, there are video/streaming platforms for various niches, such as Twitch for gaming and Vimeo for high quality 4k videos, which can help build you a following of supporters for whatever it is that you’re doing!
#8 EARN BITCOIN
Earning bitcoin online is a lot easier than most people think — it is the currency of the internet, after all. Aside from mining, the traditional way to earn bitcoin, you can do the same types of micro tasks above, including any level of freelancing (there are specific sites for freelancers who want to earn bitcoins).
There are a tonne of other ways you can get your hands on some of the valuable cryptocurrency, check out our comprehensive guide to earning bitcoin online!
#9 ONLINE TRADING
Online trading is exactly the same as real-world trading: risky and rewarding. There are a few main sites that have popped up for online stock trades over the last few years, but cryptocurrency trading has also been gaining major traction recently. High volatility in the bitcoin and ether prices and an ever increasing trade volume means that there are plenty of profits to be made daily in the cryptocurrency market.
If you want to get started trading in cryptocurrency, we recommend this excellent guide for doing just that by Hacked.
#10 INVEST BACK INTO THE INTERNET ECONOMY
After you’ve built your understanding of how making money online works you’ll be in a much better position to know how and where to invest your money. Trading aside, many people are investing in Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies, and virtual fortunes have been made by those who were early enough to get in while Bitcoin was cheap.
Additionally there are programs that work on sharing revenues with investors from a specific business model, which we suggest that you research and fully understand for yourself before getting involved with. Start with this honest review of a few RevShare sites.
If you found this list helpful or interesting, follow us on Twitter and Facebook for more just like it, as well as up-to-the-minute news and updates about SolidTrust Pay and the payments industry!