Knowledge Base Guide:
Two-factor Authentication via the Authy Desktop Application
What is two-factor authentication?
2FA is defined by Authy as having something you know paired with something you have. For example, you likely have a bank card, and in order to use your bank card, you must have a correct PIN when completing transactions. The bank card is something you have and the PIN is something you know. Together, the card and PIN makes for a great two-factor authentication system, which in return protects your money. Authy is used in the same way when you want to use an exchanger or do a Bitcoin withdrawal. Your electronic device is the object you have and the 2FA password is something you know.
Why should I use Authy?
Authy is an alternative way to setup the two-factor authentication. It is commonly a choice for users who cannot or do not want to install a 2FA application on a mobile device.
What is required in order to use Authy?
• A mobile phone/device that is capable of receiving text messages
• A personal computer or tablet
• Google Chrome as the default browser
• A SolidTrust Pay account
How do I install Authy?
1. You can start the Authy download by going to https://authy.com/download/
*Reminder: it is important that you are using Google Chrome to setup Authy; no other browsers will work.
2. The option for desktop will be the second white box, as shown below:
3. Select ‘Get it on Google Play’
4. Once the button has been selected, a page will pop-up. It looks like this:
5. Select ‘Add to Chrome’, located in the upper right-hand corner:
6. Select ‘Add app’ when prompted:
7. The page should change and will show that Authy has now been added to your Apps in Google Chrome:
8. Follow the on-screen prompts when you click on the application. Authy support can be found at https://support.authy.com/hc/en-us if you are having issues with the application itself.
How to enable the 2FA on your SolidTrust Pay account
1. After Authy has been installed, login to your SolidTrust Pay account and go to ‘Security Zone > Two-Factor Auth Settings’:
2. Once on the next page, please read all of the information. You can ignore what is inside of the red box (see below) since this information is for 2FA on a smartphone. Once you have reviewed the entire page, select ‘Start Two-Factor Authentication Setup’:
3. Select ‘Send SMS Confirmation Code’. If you are not receiving the text message, please contact Customer Support at https://support.solidtrustpay.com/
4. Enter the number provided in the text message you received. After, you will then select ‘Enable Two-Factor Auth’:
5. The next page will have the manual setup code (see Figure 1). You will then copy the manual setup code into Authy (see Figure 2).
Figure 1 – Locating the manual setup code.
Figure 2 – A view of a manual setup code in Authy. Select ‘Add Account’ after entering the manual setup code.
6. After the account has been added, choose a logo and provide a name for the account in Authy (see Figure 3). After, select ‘Done’ to close the box. Another box will pop up (see Figure 4) with the account you have added. Select the account and the 2FA password will appear (see Figure 5).
Figure 3 – Selecting a logo and naming the account
Figure 4 – Close the box once your account has been added
(Figure 5, below)
Figure 5 – A new box appears after closing the previous box. Select the account and the 2FA password will appear. Copy and paste this where the 2FA password is required.
*Reminder: the 2FA password changes every 30 seconds. Insert the 2FA password in time after you have copied it or it will not work!