How to set up 2FA for laptop or desktop (Authy)Posted: March 8, 2018
2FA [two-factor authentication] is having something you know paired with something you have. For example, you likely have a bank card, and in order to use your bank card, you must have a correct PIN when completing transactions. The bank card is something you have and the PIN is something you know. Together, the card and PIN make for a great two-factor authentication system, which in return protects your money.
To create a 2FA password via your personal computer:
1. Start the Authy download by clicking here. It is important that you are using Google Chrome to setup Authy; no other browsers will work
2. Scroll to the bottom of the page. Under the Chrome heading, select the button that says available in the chrome web store:
3. Once selected, a page will pop up that looks like this:
4. Select Add to Chrome, found in the upper right-hand corner:
5. Select Add App when prompted:
6. The page will change and show that Authy has been added to your Apps in Google Chrome:
7. Follow the prompts when you click on the Authy application. Authy support can be found by clicking here if you are having trouble with the application.
8. After Authy has been installed, login to your SolidTrust Pay account and go to Security > 2FA Settings:
9. Select Start Set Up:
10. Select Send SMS [Short Message Service] Code. If you are not receiving the SMS code, or the mobile number is incorrect on the page, please edit the number [My Account > Edit Profile], or contact Customer Support via the button at the bottom of this page:
11. Enter the number provided in the SMS that you should have received. After, select Enable 2FA:
12. The next page will have the manual setup code [see: blue rectangle], which you will enter into the Authy application that you previously installed. Do not enter the manual setup code in the Disable 2FA field, unless you wish to disable your 2FA [this is not what you want to do when enabling your 2FA for the first time]:
13. Select + Add Authenticator Account in the lower left-hand corner of Authy. Enter the manual setup code in the required field, then choose Add Account:
14. After the account has been added, choose a logo and provide a name. Select Done once completed:
15. Close the window:
16. A list with the newly added account will appear. Select the account. You will see a 6 digit number that changes every 30 seconds. This is your 2FA password – it is required when adding a virtual wallet to your account or if you wish to use an exchanger service [see green rectangle]:
– You must have a mobile device that is capable of receiving SMS messages to enable the 2FA on your account.
– For information on how to add your virtual wallet, click here.
– For information on how to use an exchanger service, click here.