As the New Year approaches, all of us at SolidTrust Pay would like to wish you and your family a wonderful year ahead!
In celebration of the New Year, our office will be closed December 31st and January 1st. Live Chat will be unavailable on these dates, but you may still leave a support ticket for us at any time. Please also be aware that document verification will be affected by the closure, as it will take us a little longer to review your submissions.
Wishing you a new year filled with joy, love, success and all good things. May you always be surrounded by hope and guided by the stars in 2019. Have a happy New Year!
You don’t have to look far this time of year for the festive spirit. For many of us, the season is embodied by the lyrics of James Lord Pierpont’s “Jingle Bells,” a tune that elicits merriment from all who hear it. But for others, this can be a stressful time of year. According to a recent survey conducted by Healthline, 44% of respondents agreed to feeling stressed during the holiday season with more than 18% reporting that they felt “very stressed.” Finances were cited as the number one reason for their tension, with demanding holiday schedules coming in a close second.
Besides trying to pack too much into our already hectic agendas, there exists another source of stress heralded by the arrival of December; finding the perfect gift for your loved ones. Should you be practical and give a gift card? No, too impersonal. What about a romantic dinner for two at a gourmet restaurant? Too late, they’re booked well into the New Year. Maybe something fashion forward? Style is highly personal, will they honestly appreciate it? Don’t despair. Instead, think outside the box. Don’t buy your loved one yet another gift that they don’t need or want. Opt for something unusual. To inspire you, we’ve compiled a list of unique gift ideas sure to spark plenty of curiosity and laughter this holiday season.
Unusual Gift Roundup
1) For the dog lover on your list, why not wrap up a dog selfies kit from Celebration Nation. Find it on Amazon.com
4) For the beauty enthusiast who has tried everything, why not a skin rejuvenating snail jelly mask. Find it at Skederm.com
5) For the man who refuses to grow up, give him a do-it-yourself pinball machine from Pinbox3000.com6) The music lover on your list will go platinum when you present them with a LP-inspired doormat, personalized with their name on the record label from GadgetBargains.com
7) Kids will absolutely love the Nachosaurus. This fun chip and dip set is available at OddityMall.com and holds a lot more than just chips.8) With more germs on your smartphone than your hand, the PhoneSoap Smartphone Sanitizer will keep the techie on your list healthy. From PhoneSoap.com
9) You can never go wrong with a sweet treat and what could be better than unwrapping a giant candy bar on Christmas morning! Available at CandyWarehouse.com
10) When you have exhausted all unusual gift ideas, remember that cash is an excellent present. Why not send your loved ones money from your SolidTrust Pay account. With low transaction fees and instant transfers between members, your recipient is sure to appreciate your gift!
From all of us at SolidTrust Pay, we wish you a joyous holiday season filled with happiness and good cheer. If you enjoyed this post, please leave your comments below and follow us on Facebook and Twitter for news, updates, and more great content!
Nothing brings out the best in humanity more than Christmas. With tidings of comfort and joy, the spirit of the season encourages us to open our pocketbooks to those in need, volunteer our time to worthwhile causes, and be appreciative for all the blessings that family and friendship bestow upon us. It truly is a magical time of year.
Despite these warm feelings, in 2017, online fraud attempts increased by an astounding 22% during the holiday season. In North America, fraud was highest on Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Eve, with the average fraudulent transaction valued at just over $220 USD. In 2016, 1 out of every 97 transactions was fraudulent, while in 2017, this number increased to 1 out of every 85 transactions.
With 2018 holiday e-commerce sales expected to grow by 16% this year to $124 billion, the importance of embracing good online safety habits is paramount to preventing any undesirable surprises in January. Tips abound for keeping yourself safe online, but if you follow our simple recommendations, you can remain confident that your private information will be kept safely out of the hands of unscrupulous cybercriminals determined to ruin your holiday season.
Online Shopping Safety Tips
Before you enter your payment information on an e-commerce site, look for an SSL Certificate. It’s a digital certificate that authenticates the identity of a website and encrypts information sent to its server. You can verify a website’s SSL Certification in a few ways:
1) Look for the addition of an “S” to the “http://” at the beginning of a site’s URL.
2) Look for visual cues such as a lock symbol and green colour in the site’s address bar.
3) Look for the addition of security seals during the checkout process. These seals are recognized marks which provide evidence that a retailer’s identity has been verified. Common security seals include Norton, McAfee, and TRUSTe.
4) For additional security, use a VPN (Virtual Private Network) when you browse the internet. VPNs allow you to create a secure connection to another network, encrypting your data and shielding your activity from cybercriminals.
Social Media Safety Tips
Most social media criminals utilize phishing scams to trick you into divulging sensitive personal information. Whether it’s fake messages asking you to verify your credit card and bank information, fake links which when clicked on download malware onto your phone or computer, or fake discounts which offer you irresistible offers in exchange for your private information, social media sites are awash with fraudulent activity. To remain one step ahead of cybercriminals, follow these simple practices:
1) Closely manage your privacy settings by ensuring that your posts are only shared with friends and family.
2) Be selective when accepting a friend. Try to only “friend” people you know in the real world.
3) Be very careful when clicking on social media links. You should be wary of offers with the word “free” in them or offers that sound too good to be true even if they are from your friends.
4) Never respond to social media messages from people you don’t know.
5) Don’t reveal private information through social media and always be suspicious of anyone who asks for your personal information online.
6) Be on the lookout for donation scams. Many criminals try to take advantage of your generosity by using fake charity requests. Don’t click on links in emails requesting donations. Instead contribute to the organization by navigating directly to their website.
Like social media, email is a perfect medium for executing phishing scams. To keep yourself safe, don’t blindly click on embedded links in emails. Although the URL from these links may appear to be from a reputable and familiar site, they can redirect you to a fake site that looks almost identical to the official one. If the email looks suspicious, either delete it or navigate directly to the website using your preferred search engine.
We understand the importance of excellent security. That is why SolidTrust Pay will never ask for your personal account information through email or social media. Please leave us your comments below and if you enjoyed this post, follow us on Facebook and Twitter for news, updates, and more great content!
Christmas is right around the corner, and like you, we at SolidTrust Pay are excited to spend the holidays with our family and friends.
To celebrate the festive season, our office will be closed December 24th, 25th, and 26th. Live Chat will be unavailable on these dates, but you can still leave a support ticket for us at any time. Please be aware that document verification will be affected by the closure and it will take us a little longer to review your submissions.
From all of us at SolidTrust Pay, we would like to wish you a holiday season filled with happiness and good cheer!